Amazon EC2 which is short for Elastic Compute Cloud is a scalable computing service in the AWS cloud.
Amazon EC2 features
- There are multiple instance types to choose from based on varying CPU, memory, storage and networking requirements for the instance.
- Instances can be launched from pre-configured templates known as Amazon Machine Images (AMI). Multiple instances can be launched from a single AMI.
- Instances can be built with storage volumes for temporary data (instance store volumes) or persistent storage volumes (Amazon Elastic Block Store).
- EC2 instances can be built in multiple regions and Availability Zones.
- Key pairs for logging on securely.
Reference: Amazon EC2